The SIMON conference next week (23-25th April) will examine the AMR problem globally and within Nepal and discuss necessary control approaches. Dr Abdul Ghafur from Chennai (behind the Chennai Declaration) will be participating.
Key references include:
1. The WHO Draft Global Action Plan 2014, which sets out these 5 strategic objectives:
- to improve awareness and understanding of antimicrobial resistance;
- to strengthen knowledge through surveillance and research;
- to reduce the incidence of infection;
- to optimize the use of antimicrobial agents; and
- develop the economic case for sustainable investment that takes account of the needs of all countries, and increase investment in new medicines, diagnostic tools, vaccines and other interventions.
See useful summary of this report.
3. Lancet Infectious Diseases Commission 2013 : Antibiotic resistance – the need for global solutions . An excellent summary of the issues and actions required.
Table of contents: