Papers that related to COVID-19 infection prevention and control from the daily COVID-19 Critical Intelligence Unit listings and other identified literature. This posting does not assess the specific evidence or its quality. Please let me know of any gaps – @mdjkf .
Peer reviewed journals
- Systematic review on the efficacy of face masks in preventing viral transmission here and associated commentary here [An increasing number of ecological studies have also provided persuasive evidence that universal mandatory mask wearing policies have been associated with reductions in the number or rate of infections and deaths].
SARS-CoV-2 setting-specific transmission rates: a systematic review and meta-analysis here
SARS-CoV-2: a systematic review of indoor air sampling for virus detection here
Observational study on the burden of COVID-19 on Australian healthcare workers here [… identified 36 hospital outbreaks or HCW infection reports between January 25th and July 8th, 2020. According to our estimates, at least 536 HCW in Australia had been infected with COVID-19, comprising 6.03% of all reported infections.]
- Downsides of face masks and possible mitigation strategies: a systematic review and meta-analysis here [There are insufficient data to quantify all of the adverse effects that might reduce the acceptability, adherence and effectiveness of face masks.]
- Airborne dispersion of droplets during coughing: a physical model of viral transmission here
- A systematic review and meta-analysis on the impact of PPE use on healthcare workers here [14 studies with 11,746 HCWs from 16 countries. The estimated overall prevalence of adverse events among HCWs was 78%]
Estimating the Failure Risk of Hotel-based Quarantine for Preventing COVID-19 Outbreaks in Australia and New Zealand here [ 16 failures examined up to 12 Feb 21; The overall failure risk for those transiting quarantine was estimated at one failure per 20,702 travelers]
Letters, commentary and correspondence
- Rapid spread of multidrug-resistant gram-negative bacteria in COVID-19 units in the US here
- SARS-CoV-2: eye protection might be the missing key here
Risk for Fomite-Mediated Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in Child Daycares, Schools, Nursing Homes, and Offices here [… used a transmission model to explore the potential for fomite transmission without other pathways. ]