These are the AST protocols under implementation in Papua New Guinea as part of the Fleming Fund country grant that aims to establish quality lab based AMR detection across 5 locations. The protocols are based on EUCAST version 11 (2021). They are shared here for information of PRIDA Scientist Diploma students and faculty.
Note that certain conservative compromises have been adopted to simplify the EUCAST requirements and eliminate some “I” (susceptible at Increased dose) categories for some species and antibiotics.
- G_90_SOP_6_A Antibiotic disc susceptibility testing EUCAST11 17Nov21
- G_90_COMP_1_A Competency assessment disc AST 27aug21
- G_90_WS_3_A Weekly AST QC summary 4Aug21
- G_90_J_1_A Setup of disc antibiotic susceptibility tests 27Aug21
- G_90_WS_4_A Weekly AST QC worksheets 27Aug21 approved
- G_90_SOP_3_A Disc diffusion AST QC 18Nov21
- G_90_SOP_2_A Managing of cultures used for QC testing 24Dec21
- Videos and online seminars from EUCAST – excellent series of short videos
- PRIDA video masterclasses with Fiona Courtney – also excellent!