Recent CPHL malaria workshop materials – make sure you have a copy and review same.
- Malaria 2014 John Hunter Hospital program tutorial overview
Health information system strengthening and malaria elimination in Papua New Guinea. Rosewell A et al. Malar J. 2017 Jul 5;16(1):278. A glimpse into the future!
Short answer questions to guide your further reading:
- What rapid diagnostic tests are in use and what is their performance? Check the kit inserts and share what you find please. Also visit WHO Malaria RDT resource page.
- What are the PNG-specific current malaria treatment guidelines? (not necessarily what is in the old STG)
- What are the expected changes to be found on fbc and film examination of a patient with malaria?
- Describe artemisinin resistance – incidence and impact – see this WHO page.
- Describe current progress towards malaria vaccines – yes! there is a candidate vaccine that works to prevent malaria in children – pilot implementation project in three countries at present.
Scan Pubmed to browse recent research on malaria published by PNG projects. Select a paper for your next journal club!